The first hurdle was how I was going to ensure each child only painted on one block. My first thought was to newspaper it up (but somehow every newspaper I kept, ended up in the bin). I then decided to use a table cloth (one of the plastic ones we use as an art mat occasionally). I had intended to precut this into pieces for an easy stick up on the morning though got caught up with everything else and never got to it. So early on the morning I headed out and stuck it up with what I thought was awesome packing tape (but it wasn't great and fell a little). I cut out the holes of each block with a stanley knife (following the grouty bits) and taped it up with Cakes' painting tape (so now I owe her a new pack).