- The Liebster award may or may not have originated in Germany. The translation of Liebster is sweetheart, beloved person, darling.
- The Liebster award is similar to a chain letter between bloggers that has turned into a game of Chinese Wishpers. It looks as though in the early years when forwarding on the award, between 2-5 nominees were to be chosen. I am not sure when or where the amount has changed but it is now up to 11 nominees.
- The way bloggers choose who they will nominate is by choosing other blogs they read who have a readership lower than 200. This looks as though it has reduced significantly over the years as in some of the earlier posts it states lower than a readership of 3000.
- The rules were to create a post about the nomination, thank the blogger who awarded you and pass it on. It appears to have changed sometime this year to include the 11 facts and questions (Later than January though earlier than July - I hit some dud links during the reverse articulation of the posts). I believe this may have happened when it increased from 2-5 blogs to 11 blogs)
Fact 1. I really would like to start the day with a red can of Coke, enjoy a few during the day and end the day with one. At this stage I just have one every now and then.
Fact 2. I enjoy hanging out with the small person I call Cakes. I love our outings, making resources for her to play and learn with and joining in her play.
Fact 3. I only wanted to further my study once I had Cakes. I was happy working in childcare though she made me want to teach at big school.
Fact 4. I met my husband in highschool though we didn't date until later.
Fact 5. I still call my husband by his last name and sometimes forget his first name (the worst was the day after our Wedding and I was introducing him to a friend's dad, he didn't even realise it was my husband because really who stumbles on their own husband's name)
Fact 6. Our cat is our first child, sister to Cakes and class me Mummy and my husband Daddy.
Fact 7. I don't like cats, there are 8 neighbourhood cats that think they live in our yard and 3 of that 8 think they live in our house.
Fact 8. I like Facebook a little too much.
Fact 9. I want a red headed child, they are so so so cute!
Fact 10. Most TV shows I start watching when it is in the first season gets axed (Tru Calling, Lost, Heroes, Alcatraz)
Fact 11. I'm lazy! There is something else I should be doing rather than writing this post, the dishes, the folding, my study ...
- What nationalities are in your ancestry? I have no idea. My husband's is Hungarian, German, English or something like that.
- Favourite Australian actor/actress? I guess Naomi Watts, I loved Tank Girl! I saw it way too many times and turned much of my grade 10 assessment into something relating to Tank Girl.
- Which magazine to you read the most? I haven't read a magazine in ummm, I don't know how many years. I think the last magazine I read was Zoo weekly (my husband used to buy it).
- What was your first job and how old were you? I worked in a video shop from when I was 13 or 14 until I was in my early 20s.
- Electric blanket or hot water bottle? Neither, what for?
- Favourite joke or party trick? Ummm, am I really that boring, I have nothing!
- Right now, what's on the top shelf of your fridge? Ham, sour cream, spag sauce, cheese spread and a bundle of lollies and chocolate from Halloween last year, the Ekka and Cakes's school fundraising (Cakes isn't a big lolly kind of guy).
- What colour is predominant in your wardrobe? None, I am too lazy to hang my clothes up, I have an unruley pile beside my bed.
- First car you owned and what are you driving now? A Gemini, it never went any where it had no engine. We have a Hyundai Getz now.
- Where was the best holiday you've had? My belated honeymoon to the States. I could have stayed in Orlando the entire time though my husband needed to explore. It was awesome!
- Who has been the biggest influence in your life? Right now, Cakes has the biggest influence in my life. It is amazing how someone so small can change your perspective on most things.
The blogs who I am passing the Liebster award onto are:
Housewife in Heels
Mountains and Musings
Just for Daisy
Paint on the Ceiling
The Chronicles of Chaos
Francesca Writes Here
The Life of Faith
I'm talking... just about everything
It's Organised Chaos
Juggling Act Mama
Adventures with Captain Destructo
My questions for the above Liebster bloggers
- Did you expect to get a Liebster award?
- What is your favourite toy?
- Made toys or purchased toys?
- What is your favourite form of social media
- What was your favourite book as a child?
- What is your favourite book now?
- Where would you go if you won the lotto?
- Dryer or line?
- Do you have a pet and what is it?
- What browser do you use?
- Coke or Pepsi?